Some of the many Benefits of Soccer
Soccer can be a great workout and fun.
Listed below are some of the benefits which include:
- increases aerobic capacity and cardiovascular health
- lowers body fat and improves muscle tone
- builds strength, flexibility and endurance
- increases muscle and bone strength
- improves health due to shifts between walking, running and sprinting.
- is generally a non-contact sport
- teaches coordination
- promotes teamwork and sharing
- teaches you to ‘think on the run’
- helps to increase skills in concentration, persistence and self-discipline
- is a great way to meet people and exercise with friends
- can provide an opportunity to increase your confidence and self-esteem, and help to reduce anxiety
- requires very little equipment so it can be played in the backyard or park
- is relatively easy to learn, so beginners can easily join in the fun and play basic soccer for recreation is an international sport.