YOUTH DIPLOMA COURSE OVERVIEW
The purpose of the Youth Diploma is to help you, whether you are a professional academy coach, senior or junior youth coach, or teacher or parent to plan & deliver more effective youth coaching sessions.
In this Course you'll learn:
- How the 6 Part Pyramid of Player Development©encompasses the entire Coerver Curriculum.
- The Pyramid of Moves breaks down the most complicated actions into simple, teachable steps and families.
- The Coerver Pathway to Soccer Excellence takes players cross the Coerver Skills Bridge and develops game effective skills by means of graduated pressure training.
- The Coerver Code develops develops the Coerver® 5 S signature qualities of Skill, Speed, Strength , Spirit and Smarts that is the Coerver mission.
- The Coerver® Session Planner© eliminates the frustrations of last minute searching for activities and structure and provides a Template to make your weekly, monthly or even season long session planning a breeze.
- The Course features many proven, high quality drills & games from Coerver®Coaching™s 31 yr old history with tips to "make harder" or "easier: for age appropriate practices
- Coaches can watch drills, skills and games being demonstrated by youth players or join in and learn by doing.
Each attendee at the Course will receive
12 Hours of Instruction on the field and in the Classroom
Online Access to Videos from our Session Planner DVD set
Coerver Youth Diploma Shirt
New Era Drill Book
Course Booklet with Drills and Course Information
Lunch both days
The Course is presented over 2 days as follows.
SATURDAY. 9am – 3.30pm.
- 9.00 – 9.45am. Lecture: "The Coerver Approach to Soccer Coaching".
- 10.00 – 11.30am. Field Session: "Warm ups & Speed."
- 11.30 – 11.45am. Q & A. Wrap up.
- 11.45 – 12.45 LUNCH.
- 12.45pm – 1.30pm Lecture: "The Coerver Coaching Curriculum."
- 1.45pm – 3.15pm Field Session. "Moves 1v1 & 2v2 Attack & Defense."
- 3.15pm – 3.30pm Q & A. Wrap up.
SUNDAY. 9am – 3.30pm.
- 9.00 – 9.45am. Lecture: "Coerver Session Planning."
- 10.00 – 11.30am. Field Session "Small Group Play."
- 11.30 – 11.45am Q & A. Wrap up.
- 11.45 – 12.45pm LUNCH
- 12.45 – 1.30pm. Lecture: " Tips to be a better Coerver Coach."
- 1.45 – 3.15pm. Field Session. " A Coerver Session."
- 3.15 – 3.30pm. Q & A. Wrap up.